|STRATEGIC RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF EMPLOYEES
Purposes and Objectives:
The Strategic Retention and Development of Employees (SRDE) model provides an integrated process for organizations, in highly competitive markets, of varying sizes in a variety of industries to address their needs to provide an array of services designed to:
- Achieve maximum performance of high potential employees!
- Enhance employee satisfaction with the workplace environment!
- Reduce staffing costs through retention of valued employees!
- Individual Career Development Planningdesigned to accommodate the needs of the individual and company, whether for recruitment and retention of employees or for the acquisition of specific skills.
- Career Needs Assessment determines individual needs for learning and/or job-related skills to achieve objectives.
- Career Objectives allows the employee to identify options and establish the goals necessary to achieve the desired career-related outcomes.
- Internal Career Options allows the employee to identify internal career options for re-deployment in anticipation of the completion of a project or assignment.
- Personal Responsibility encourages employees to take personal responsibility for the management and development of their careers.
Career Management Planningdevelops the learning and/or change modes needed for each employee to achieve the desired outcomes consistent with the organizations projected needs for talent.
Consultation to help identify resources existing within the organization as well as external resources available to assist individuals in meeting their career objectives and the organizations needs.
Assist in redeployment of employees within the organization or provide placement services.
- Resourcesprovides for internal and external personnel and systems to facilitate the implementation of the individual plans.
- Mentoringutilizes a coaching process to guide employees in the skills development or transition process.
- Monitoringentails the use of a software package to track progress and to identify areas of deficiency or unmet need.
- Measuringutilizes systems and instruments that determine the effectiveness of the process related to organizational objectives.
Use of this model allows an organization to create a new "contract" with its employees. "Give us your best during the duration of our relationship and we will provide a desirable workplace, a fair wage, limited benefits, the acquisition of skills that will keep you employable and help during times of transition."